Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Antisocial

So...um, no hurricane at least not on my side of Florida. All the school closures were for naught as were other businesses that made the morning commute swift. The cops decided to take advantage of the speeders and set a trap a few miles on the highway outside downtown towards the airport. Half dozen vehicles with cop cars behind them were peppered on either side of the highway and four more cop cars were lined up biding their time. It was incredible.

Had lunch with the Asian mafia which was fun. We're at the point now where we share each other's food. Luckily all are good cooks. They were excited to attend the ice cream social provided by the property firm for the building soon after. I was going to go, but I bowed out later. The ladies were baffled. I was simply still full from lunch. Besides, I can buy my own ice cream.

Happy hour was tonight. I decided I wasn't going. Tawny tried to campaign to get me to go. In fact, independent from her, I received a couple of IMs and texts asking if I was going. I said no. I arrived later at work because I couldn't decide if I was going to work from home. It didn't feel right to leave much earlier. There I go again being a conscious worker. When will I ever learn?

I made a wonderful stir-fry tonight that was so colorful it reminded me of edible fireworks: snow peas, carrots, red pepper, garlic and green onion seasoned with ginger, sesame oil and soy sauce. My veggies need to have some texture to it and these pieces still had a bite. The whole thing went well over jasmine rice. It was my own happy hour. I was social. Social with one. Me.


.
Share/Save/Bookmark

2 comments:

badgerdaddy said...

There's nothing wrong with socializing alone.

helloagol said...

hello badge! thanks. it is only wrong when you decide to get the expensive vodka out of the freezer and decide to finish it in one sitting.

yes, it is still in the freezer. ;p

XO