Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Pavlov, What's with the Bell?

My co-worker Joey (aka co-conspirator/friend) and I had an interesting IM conversation this morning:

AGOL: sometimes you can get so caught up in all the BS of life
joey: life has BS??
AGOL: the last four years have been that for me..yeah, didn't anyone tell you?
AGOL: you didn't get the memo then
joey: life IS bs
AGOL: you got it
joey: I like how we are all trained rats
joey: growing up we all moved at the sound of bells... how f'ed up is that?
AGOL: that's a good way of putting it...that's why the rest of us hatch plans
AGOL: pavlov...f**cking a$$hole
AGOL: LOL
joey: lol
joey: it's pretty wild if you sit back and think about things like that... all through school you moved at the sound of bells
AGOL: see.. i was a rebel...i asked too many questions like, "what's up with the bell?"
joey: they slowly wean you off the bell so you just know to move when a certain time comes up on the clock

Joey has it all figured out now. He's smarter than most! He's been able to disengage himself from the drone mentality that gets forced fed to the population. As in the "Matrix", Morpheus says, "Free your mind!".

My mind has probably been too free, if you can ask my teachers all through school and some college professors. I like it that way...Off to get ready and have another Groundhog Day of "special dinners". Cousin Dave is having mouth surgery tomorrow so it has to be tonight. I guess I just can't free myself to have a day to myself...Sigh...My family apparently has a special bell for me.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: