Thursday, December 21, 2006

20 Questions

Shopping can be just absolute dullsville when you don't know what to get the ones you love, especially if they have everything. Yesterday, while walking through the Brandon branch of Linens and Things, my cousin and I came across a cute little game called "20Q". I was suckered in immediately.

This game originated on the internet on the 20Q.net website which is where my cousin first heard of it. The gist of the game is for you to think of something and when you're ready you start the game. It asks you 20 questions to which you reply so the game can arrive at its guess which can be eeriely dead on. My first guess was swimming pool. I was stunned! If it doesn't guess correctly after 20 questions, it asks you five more. If it is still wrong, then it concedes a win for you and teases you back into playing the game. Easy mark.

Wouldn't it be great if you could play this same game with the universe? You would make your wish and it would ask you to make sure that is indeed what you wanted. Hopefully, it would guess correctly what you wished for at that moment. And then just to make sure, if it guessed wrong, it would ask you more to give you a second chance. Of course, if it didn't guess correctly, maybe that is not the wish the universe has for you...or can give you. That part sucks..being wrong...again...and again.

I played this game recently with the universe and it gave me a better answer than I could ever hope for in my little corner of the world. That was the problem. The universe has a bigger wish for me and it involves a much bigger world and perhaps me crossing an ocean. I've crossed an ocean before for a new life 25 years ago leaving loved ones and familiar childhood things so what would be the big deal this time around? No big deal at all if the universe deems it so. Sometimes you have to give up something in order to receive something far better. My tagline used to be Be Wild, Be Happy & Be Free. The universe is far more generous to those who follow it rather than to those who constantly question it. Similar on the 20Q website, your answer could be just one click away.

Update: I told I am no longer to have a tagline. Let it be known and let it be said, "AGOL no longer has tagline and will not have one in the future". Ha!


Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: