Monday, December 11, 2006

Mad Cow Monday

I laughed the whole hour it took me to drive to work today listening to the Steve Harvey Show which is now syndicated on 95.7FM. He was non-stop comedy and I loved every minute of it. I was slightly exhausted from laughing when I parked on the third floor garage at work. It was a nice diversion instead of feeling the slow creep of road rage on one's person during bumper-to-bumper rush hour.

Luckily, the day continued in the same manner. I teased Bubble Boy about suffering from Mad Cow this week which refers to an expected visit from a female megalomaniacal co-worker...Okay, maybe I exaggerate...a little. She can be nice on a personal basis, but she has a need to control things professionally and she's just been promoted. Maybe she just needs a good appletini? Has anyone offered her one? Maybe some chocolates? Everything is better after chocolate. Even beer, but that is another story.

Lunch proved to be a repeat selection from Friday at downstairs cafe. I had a Reuben again. I just love the complexity of taste from the toasty crunch of rye bread, the saltiness of the corned beef and the tang of the sauerkraut. It was made fresh instead of one of the "specials" of dubious meat floating in equally dubious liquid bath screaming, "Pick me! Pick me!" from behind the glass. Double Ick. Then came the food coma shortly after lunch which had to be fought with mugs of coffee.

Six-ish finally arrived and I left to go home to be a slave to PBD. Before I made it home, I called ahead for Chinese take-out. My eyes were starting to get round again from not eating rice this weekend. I also had to support my people!

My dog was walked, fed and entertained. I got to have egg drop soup, a bit of white rice, a bit of chicken lo mein and a bit of beef & broccoli. I can bring a tasty leftover lunch tomorrow -- no dubious food! Besides my fortune cookies, I received a Chinese calendar scroll with cherubic cartoons. All was good in the world.

Real Fortune Today: It is better to ask some questions than to know all the answers.
Learn Chinese: Bean Sprout (Dou-ya)

Share/Save/Bookmark

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey I need a new calendar - when we go shopping at Asian store? ;)

helloagol said...

Hey T -- The calendars usually don't become available until around next week. They DO come from a slow boat in China! Don't worry -- we'll have the new one hanging in our kitchens soon.
Hugs,
S