Friday, December 15, 2006

Gesundheit!

The peril of perils has fallen upon AGOL...a cold! Being under the weather has got to be the biggest time waster of the known universe. Not only is it inconvenient, it is annoying!

I told my LA cousin yesterday that I had a cold and she typed in IM, "ACHOO"..."In your case, 'achoo'", referring of course to my sneezes that sound like they come from a muppet. (In the Philippines, I distinctly remember sneezing "ach-ing".) The whole blowing your nose bit is just vile and you all know what a small nose I have! The tissue could whittle it down and I would have to change my name to "Sphinx". I had already been skewered by my cube mates about not sneezing properly. It must be my rebellion from hearing my dad sneeze as a younger AGOL. His sounded like he sneezed a lung everytime it was so loud.

Luckily, I am now almost over the whole sordid ordeal. I can't wait to no longer have medicine head from the OTC pills. On Wednesday, at the tail end of one dose, I had a beer. Needless to say, that was interesting... So no wilted goddess for my party this weekend. The weather also promises to be clear unlike the fog and dreariness going on right now.

I do like dreary days, but only if they are cold so I can enjoy a Baking Day. Perfect weather for regular baking...and "baking" with your honey if you have such a person. I guess I'll be getting that KitchenAid Mixer out. I get turned on as easily with a heavy duty appliance. Speaking of...I wonder if someone will buy me a lifetime gift certificate at the paint mixer at Home Depot for Christmas. Going to sneeze that thought away now.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: