Saturday, December 23, 2006

Mi Cousin es Su Cousin

"Road Trip! Road Trip!"

I love yelling those words because it's fun to travel that is if I don't get car sick on the way. It is an embarrassing thing if I am not driving; however, it can be alleviated if I can sit shotgun in the front, have eaten a good meal, have enough ventilation or if someone isn't driving like a MF. (Y'all know who you are because I tell you you drive like a mofo.)

Today, my uncle drove my best friend/cousin Angie, Nan, my aunt and me to Port Charlotte to see my cousin Frankie's new home with his groovy wife Brenda and their adorable angels Julia and Olivia. Here's a pic of the house. The landscaping is not set yet, but the house inside is breathtaking and they have a view outside the deck with pool overlooking a nice canal. They chose this location so that they can park their boat nearby.

I must admit I was in danger of getting car sick because I hadn't eaten breakfast and it was almost noon. My seat arrangement ended up behind my uncle and thanks to Angie who packed a bag full of horrible snacks, I oinked the first 20 minutes vacillating from cookies to candy to Cheetos followed by a gulp of cola. I am surprised I didn't actually hurl the rest of the way. Disaster was barely averted...

Brenda is an amazing hostess so we had a delicious time while we visited them. This girl receives AGOL kudos for her efforts. There were "no chips and dip" -- enough said. She even remembered the champagne I liked from her wedding. Believe me this stuff is no Cristal, Dom or even Korbel, but I like it and she always remembers. Add a healthy splash of orange juice and AGOL was in Mimosa Delight.

Among all the groovylicious times we were having, were their two daughters running around like hooligans loose from prison. They opened their gifts from us and just had a blast. Oh, I almost forgot to tell you that the younger Olivia greeted me outside with a hug, kiss and "You painted my face!". I was arrested by this baby doll and her big blue eyes. Blink. Blink.

It was all the way back in March and this four-year-old still remembers when I painted all the kids faces at my other cousin's kids' birthday party. All of a sudden I found myself painting fantasy butterflies on their faces. The lady who was designated face painter was late and by the time she got there, she bowed out that she couldn't do the ones I had done. Because Olivia was in my family, she got special treatment that day so I painted bee and flower 'tattoos' all over her arms which was the wrong thing to do. The rest of the kiddies wanted them, too! What are you gonna do?

We left cousin Frankie and Brenda's home a few hours later and drove back the hour and a half in better time than getting there even with a little rain. I left my family at their house and drove myself home to take care of Pretty Boy Dog who was waiting for me patiently...okay, not so patiently. I am sure he had been mentally mapping my trip back inside the apartment.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: