Saturday, October 11, 2008

Two Parter

I jumped at the chance to start walking again with Kristey this morning. We were surrounded by a heavy humidity at 7:30am and the blue sky stayed hidden over the low hung dingy gray clouds. There were plenty of cyclists ready to run us over during our walk which caused us to exercise (no pun intended) more caution.

We were chatting away by Kristey's vehicle at the end of our four mile jaunt in the woods when I realized my bladder needed emptying. I was too squeamish to use the park restroom. A mini trip to McDonald's was my suggestion. Within minutes we were sitting in McDonald's comfortably and chatted for another hour or so. There were so many things to catch up on from a long absence from one another. Kristey is always good about sending me e-mails on my yahoo account, but lately, e-mailing her back has been difficult. I've resorted to leaving her voicemails and sometimes I do get to chat with her 30 minutes at a time on my drive home...

I lallygagged a bit when I got home before took my second shower of the day. The timing of the universe never ceases to amaze me. Tawny called me right after. She was inviting me to ride with her and shop at BJ's Warehouse near us. It is like a Costco and a Sam's Club. Costco is still number one in my book. You can't beat the atmosphere, price and selection. The only negative side is that there are only two in town and are quite apart from each other. It is always worth the drive in my book!

Tawny picked me up in an hour and we proceeded to check everything out in the store while sharing in piling up items in the large cart. How I've missed shopping with Tawny! We have extremely similar veins of humor and they were raging while we were in the store. I was talked into buying a 2.5 pound block of feta cheese. Yes, it is my fave and I love it that much. A good portion will be for snacks during the week to accompany the large package of grapes I picked up. The rest may be mixed in with some chicken and spinach or some salads. Better yet -- eaten plain unless I still have some red wine vinegar to sprinkle on each bite.

I spent some time during the evening marveling at my day spent with two people I haven't seen in a while and who are very close to me. They missed me as much as I missed them.


.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: