Monday, October 06, 2008

A Jewish Order

My guess is that the universe was trying to make up for my dismal weekend by infusing me with a dose of humor today. The music on the radio during the drive in was uplifting and upbeat. My ride in a crowded elevator from the garage was filled with laughter thanks to my naughty comments which one of the ladies playfully chided me. This particular lady has known me for a couple of years and shares with me a kindred gypsy soul.

I walked inside my floor feeling like Elvis wearing a jumpsuit while rocking a concert in Hawaii. No, I was not wearing a jumpsuit, but I had the vibe, I'm sure. My vibe also had no time for "Hound Dogs". Ha!

My groovy vibe was still in high gear when I went to get coffee from the break room. The gypsy lady from the elevator came in and teased that we had the same schedule. I told her about the three-part television series on PBS regarding the plight of Jews in America. My friend is Jewish and we often have a discussion on Judaism. I was talking to her about Jewish humor and the emergence of it in American culture in the 1950s and shared with her the jokes from Sid Caesar's television show. Before I left her completely in hysterics, I said something to her I've never voiced. I asked her to find me a good Jewish boy and I realized I was serious and told her as much. She said okay and then I reminded her I was turning 38 in January. Then we don't have much time, she joked. What a scream! She's right -- the blooms is wearing on the Asian flower. If she is successful, I will be in shiksa heaven and my Jewish man will have to get used to eating rice with his brisket or gifelte.

Lunch with the Asian Mafia was filled with (sexual) naughty talk. The Korean was regaling us with stories on her friends discussing sex toys and their impotent or sexually lazy husbands. Sharon and I listened with a resignation to laughing. The Vietnamese was missing in action while the Honorary Asian (Bridget) was busy doing her schoolwork at her desk. Well, they missed out on being told that we are going to be more sexually randy in our 40s while the men get more tired or have less interest. Yeah...I don't need to be amped up anymore than I am. Maybe I need to swing the pendulum age back to younger men and not keep my sights on the older men I've been favoring ever since I could remember. Older men do have their advantages...and yes disadvantages. The former far outweighing the latter for me though...For now.

Busy is my first name at work now. I can't believe how tired my eyes get by 4pm. If I don't look away from the screens, I feel nauseous. My eyes will have to get used to the new workload. My hands are also hoping for no carpal tunnel symptoms. I type so fast now that I get impatient with the network while I am quickly clicking and typing between software applications.

Angie called me in the evening. She asked me more about the rest of the weekend; I didn't know that I left her hanging on the blog entry from Saturday. I was very happy to report that Cabal and I were chillin' again in the crib.


.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: