Friday, October 24, 2008

While the Cat's Away...

The mice were certainly at play today with the cats away. Our boss was off and a part of the Asian Mafia's boss was off, too. Just lovely...

Even as a single gal, I have a "Honey Do List". The hard part is finding "A Honey" to do them when you don't have one. How does THREE sound? Sharon's husband is coming down next month to spend Thanksgiving week with her. (Long story short: They live in separate states due to his stint in the military and being redeployed in Afghanistan every other six months.) A couple of his buddies are coming down to visit as well.

I mentioned to Sharon my desire to hang a new curved curtain shower rod, but I would need help -- namely a drill. I had been telling her of my other thing to install airplane cables across the back wall of my bedroom so I can free form hang sari fabric or use tab clips to hang other fabric. This contraption requires two people for efficiency and accuracy. Sharon solved my dilemma by volunteering her husband and friends as I am off that week, too. What a great idea! I told her that I would serve them their favorite beer and make them a home cooked meal.

Sharon, Bridget, Michelle and I walked to the big mall and had humorous lunch at the upscale sports bar. We decided we wanted something special and we wanted to be waited on instead a self-serve meal elsewhere in the mall. After lunch, we stopped at Godiva Chocolatier on the way for a few decadent truffles before scurrying back across the large parking lot to our building. It had been raining off and on all day.

Remember when I was having issues with my new laptop? Those little computer gremlins were at it again or have been the last two weeks. I asked someone in the other building if we could swap out the shell. (For those not in the know, "shell" in this instance means everything except the hard drive.) A nice sized Godiva chocolate candy was offered as an incentive. Ha!

I ended up leaving early and going to the other building where my shell was swapped out and spent almost two hours talking to someone I hadn't really talked to in two years. There is a rare breed of men I can easily be myself without having the pressure of being scintillating in some sort of way. This guy who helped me out is one of them. We've always had an easy camaraderie. Sharing similar life and work angst was gratifying. Face it -- outwardly bemoaning your state of affairs by yourself and to yourself just sounds loony, now doesn't it?


.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: