Sunday, October 05, 2008

Not So Happy Sunday

Today was a not so Happy Sunday. I awoke around 7am to walk the dog and make a trip to the donut shop for their famous coffee and a breakfast sandwich. My ability to heat food or boil water was still not fixed and my apartment temperature had climbed to almost 80 degrees.

The maintenance guy knocked on my door at 8am. What happened to the 9am time he told me? Just as well, I was wearing the same thing from yesterday and I was not pleased being warm and feeling like a hostage in my own home. Lucky for him the sky was grey and no additional heat was present. Its good buddy humidity was in full force though.

By 9am, my apartment had three maintenance men milling in and out until a little after 1pm. During that time the apartment lights kept going on and off thanks to their scientific bumblings. Oh yeah, there was one incident where one of them hit a live wire causing a loud popping sound and sparks to fly. From my perch on the sofa, I asked them if I needed to retrieve the fire extinguisher then I asked if anyone had any eyebrows left. Me, attempting humor in my state of not-so-happy.

Tawny was kind enough to offer her home for cooling and a shower, but I declined. She arrived soon to my door to check on me and Cabal plus a chat while the men were wandering around. I just wanted the whole ordeal over with. There would need to be some energy cleaning after.

I took that long-awaited shower and was able to do four loads of laundry out of five. My dishwasher was turned on and my vacuum implemented. There is still some work to do, but I was satisfied. Still...no trips to the grocery store. At this point, I was scraping at the bottom of the barrel for food that wouldn't be too weird to go together. I was able to get more laughs watching The Simpsons, Family Guy and American Dad. These adult cartoons were purely demented and as cool as my apartment. Sixty-nine degrees.


.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: