Wednesday, October 15, 2008

British Invasion? Nah, Just Jeff

Tawny texted me on my way to work asking of I could make it to lunch today with our group. We were meeting British Jeff. You may recall he and his two boys moved back to England last year. Thinking about the lunch I painstakingly packed then gently riding in my back seat, I texted back yes.

A very tired Bridget and boss greeted me when I saw them. I almost felt guilty for feeling cheery and alert. I informed them of my lunch plans so they'd know to expect me gone for an hour and a half.

I was first to arrive at the upscale sports bar. Almost a dozen of us were seated together when our orders were taken. It was great to see British Jeff. I've missed his scoundrel ways though he sometimes reminds me via instant messaging. His native Liverpool has him now. This particular visit was prompted by his former wife and mother-in-law's desire to see the grandsons. While the boys visited their mom, he's running amok with his old mates here.

A soft nudge to Tawny at the table made her lean towards me. In a soft voice, I asked her who invited all the old guys at our table. She laughed. I've known a number of the people at the table anywhere from 8-10 years, most in their 40s now. A drinking past has positively preserved British Jeff in his late 40s. LOL

British Jeff reminding us why we love him!



My afternoon was further swept away by a vendor call that lasted well over an hour. I rushed to do some solid work while minding the clock. My self-appraisal was due today. By the time I finished, I came to the conclusion that it was the worst appraisal I have given myself in over 10 years. Whatever. I wasn't prepared to really highlight my more glorious moments because this demand to have them done by HR was quick and I've been busy. It was completed a little before 7:30pm.

At home I tried to stay up for the presidential debate but they were too boring. McCain was projecting himself as a desperate and irate geezer while Obama was too cool a cucumber. I fell asleep and woke up after they were shaking hands at the end. Stayed up a bit more and went to bed.


.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: