Friday, October 17, 2008

Now Dining with a Flying Saucer

Friday could not have come fast enough. Bridget was off, my boss was exhausted and I was too cheery for my own good despite my workload...

Two of the Asian Mafia and I walked to lunch. We ate bad Asian food from the food court. One of us (not me!) was desperate for rice. I tortured the girls with two stops: 1) Origins for a bottle of Ginger Essence perfume and 2) Sephora for more BareMineral make-up and TooFaced's Lash Injection mascara. Hellooooooooo Shallowville!

It was my plan to get off early, but my boss stayed later and then left me with a small assignment. It was to provide my SVP with an update on something which I couldn't do half-assed and required careful verbiage. I still made good time going home to take care of Cabal.

There was a goldenrod-colored hang tag on my apartment door. That signaled that maintenance had come in. Hmmm..No permission from me, I thought. Upon closer inspection of the notes scribbled, the maintenance lady who Cabal likes had replaced my old canister light in the dining room with what appears to be a flying saucer. Holy cow! It is rather impressive in the tiny space. This was my upgrade choice when I renewed my lease last month.

AGOL's flying saucer:


The good and bad thing about the new chandelier? It brightens the area significantly. While lovely, I can see I need to take a vacuum to the hanging dust bunnies on the ceiling. Yikes.

Two days ago I had told Filipino Sharon that I would see her and Korean Kim at the bowling alley where they compete in a league. The bowling alley is located in Clearwater, near my old house which is now an hour's drive across the bay. Let's just say the variety of crowd milling about this place provided good people watching.

Kim brought warm sake in a thermos which threw me for a loop. I had to buy the requisite greasy bowling alley food to soak it up. Our group ended up in the bar attached to the alley where we danced, sang out loud with the music, drank a little and laughed. We left at 11:30pm and I arrived home 15 minutes sooner thanks to no traffic. Too bad I couldn't get my new flying saucer to take me home.


.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: