Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Repeating Myself

During my mental break this afternoon, I reread an e-mail I sent to my division and realized my proofreading had not been perfect. I had written "moral" not "morale". Darn that missing "e".

Following that I reread my blog...Yikes! I've been repeating myself. Jeezus. I've been repeating myself. Jeezus.

HA!

Okay, it wasn't the repeating of stories just certain phrases. Once again proofreading was not my strongest point. I've been mentally exhausted from my day job. While demanding, it does make the day go by quickly. Then again, the stress from the aggressive demands have taken its toll on your AGOL.

The quirkiest part about the whole thing is that I have been cheerier than usual. I said as much to Bridget who characterizes me as a happy person. Little does she know the mental acrobatics I go through in more darker emotions. It does please me to have her see me as happy. I try very hard to make things light and fun at work since the others seem to get bogged down in minutiae and forget to laugh. This is difficult to write, but I save my worrying and less than pleasant emotions away from work. Some might call it a touch of depression.

I waited for the elevator doors to open when it suddenly hit me how tomorrow was going to suck already. My self-appraisal is due to tomorrow as well my day cut short thanks to a vendor web training in the afternoon. The boss is still stinging from a remark made by a high level exec which has galvanized him into a mission to contradict and gather evidence against her hasty allegation on how he conducts a portion of his job. The rest of us get to listen as he progresses with his mission. Sigh.

Kathy called me back this evening. I was able to share with her some things that had bothered me during the day relating to my career and going back to school. Without a second income in my household, it is difficult to figure out how I would do it. My company offers tuition reimbursement which is great, but coming up with cash upfront for a more private school providing expensive and convenient online classes can be hard to swallow. The next thing might be a certification. That is less time and costs thousands of dollars less...She had other news -- her boyfriend found a job in Northern Florida where the IT jobs are plentiful (compared to Tampa). Kathy would quit her job here and find one there, too. Their timeline to be moved in and both gainfully employed is January. I am very happy for her; they both get what they want.

Speaking of getting what they want...My doggie wants to go outside. We will continue our moon bath from this morning. I haven't seen the moon this bright in months. I think I'll go tell the Man on the Moon what I want...without repeating myself.


.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: