Thursday, October 16, 2008

Scavenger Hunt

Today was a big event day in the Finance Department. The {Insert My Company's Name} Morale Promotion Team was hosting a Digital Scavenger Hunt your AGOL sold them on last month during their meeting. I also entertained the idea of scrapping the monthly birthday cake for an ice cream social. The group was not believing in the first idea, but allowed me to take it to fruition anyway. We were also honoring the Employee of the Quarter. Yes, it's all excitement in the Finance World. Step back, folks -- your heart may not be able to take such excitement. Really.

Okay...I am going to indulge in bragging about the resounding success of the Digital Scavenger Hunt. This Asian Goddess has succeeded in gathering 12 volunteers to lose their marbles while running around the office like rat through maze. Can you believe they were all happy to do it? They didn't mind ending up perspiring and breathless either. There was a prize of a deluxe lunch with their team.

The once tomb-like halls were interrupted for 20 minutes by three groups of four teams stampeding around armed with one digital camera and an evil list of 23 items devised by your AGOL. Not only did they have to learn to work as a team, but they had to show how much knowledge they had of our office. Well..two groups collided near the mail room and all three groups were almost halted by the building's security in the building lobby downstairs.

My favorite item was: #5 - Find Jesus (actual person, Spanish pronunciation) in the café downstairs and take picture. Why? Because I forgot to let Jesus know that he was on the list. He was ambushed by my peeps in the cafe. I knew he would be a good sport as he is always attention seeking.

The EOTQ was announced after my own announcement of the scavenger hunt winners and then we topped our bowls of ice cream with chocolate, maraschino cherries, nuts and candy sprinkles. Below is a pic of my bowl. I guess I didn't eat the second half fast enough. I helped clean up the conference room and by the time I remembered, I had ice cream soup.



The lesson in all this? Don't underestimate an AGOL's crazy idea -- you just might have more fun and some ice cream. That's enough excitement for today...


.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: