Saturday, October 25, 2008

Working on the Weekend

A trip to Shallowville had me skipping my four-mile morning walk with Kristey. It was justified. I had a hair appointment this morning. My dark brown roots were no longer complimenting the nice fiery red strands. I know. It was dire.

Our normally fun appointment was more sedate. Michelle was on antibiotics and her mouth was swollen from surgery. Thankfully, she was able to cut, color and style. I had places to go.

First stop after was at a McDonald's drive-thru for a late lunch to be eaten at work. Yes, I went in since I was already half way there and I brought my laptop. There were more cars around the building and the parking garage than I expected.

I set up camp at my desk by starting my laptop, spreading out my lunch and engaging the fan to be on and oscillate. The building turns the air down during the weekends. Thank God for my very nice tower fan so I wouldn't feel suffocated with no air moving.

Why was I at work? Well...no real reason, but to get some work done. I had some interruptions. Kristey called me and we chatted for a bit. Sharon returned my call. She invited me to a nice restaurant bar by the water later in the evening after she and her visiting buddy had dinner. I told her I would let her know by 8:30pm.

The funniest part about being at work on a Saturday was scaring the cleaning crew. They accessed my area of the building and was greeted with the lights on and Amy Winehouse blasting from my cube. They do not expect anyone to be there on the weekends. Two of them came over to specifically say hello and to let me know they were on my floor.

The best part for me was blaring CDs of Robin Thicke, Joss Stone, Amy Winehouse, Brian Setzer Orchestra (swing) and a some middle eastern mixes while I worked.

I left work around 6:30pm and ended up catching up with Kathy on my cell on the way home. We made plans for the middle of the week. By the time I picked up dinner and got settled at home, I didn't want to drive back about 23 miles to meet up so late. I have to watch out for my night blindness when I am tired. One or two drinks at the bar after staring at my computer screen for several hours definitely puts me in the realm of fatigue. I made a quick call and my apologies to Sharon.

My body knows when the weekend is here. For some reason it signals to sleep early and to sleep in late. What the hell is that about? That quirky Circadian Rhythm was dancing the slower rumba when it should be jumping to the samba. Sigh.


.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: