Thursday, October 09, 2008

Recap

It would seem all I've been doing the past couple of months is play catch up. I want to update, but my new workload doesn't allow me a clear enough mind in the evening to post. Let me do my best to recap.

On Tuesday I had lunch with Jill at Thai Terrace which is equidistant to both of our work. The last couple of times we had tried to get together, she or I have had to cancel. I enjoyed seeing her again. We now have a commitment to have lunch once a month; the first Tuesday of every month is now blocked in our calendars.

On Wednesday I brought slow-cooked bratwursts to work. My large crockpot was filled with 15 links of Johnsonville bratwursts which were pierced with a fork to allow the Beer Jacuzzi mixture of three large cans of Wisconsin beer, a fair sized onion sliced and two cloves of garlic pressed plus one stick of butter to permeate it. That was at 10pm. These babies were cooked outside on high for two hours before turning it down low to simmer and marry while I slept...I brought the crock inside at 4:30am and then proceeded back to sleep for an hour. Eventually the brats were broiled in the oven for a little browning and set to cool enough to sit in fridge at work and to reheat for the gang at lunch. No, I did not forget to bring the Beer Jacuzzi liquid -- those onion pieces were gold! I brought some potato rolls while the rest of the Asian mafia brought veggies and rice. Our lunch fed 9 people. I bought petit fours and mini cannolis for a sweet treat. This is why you do not go to the grocery store hungry as I did on Tuesday: Unnecessary crap ends up in your cart.

Tawny added me on twitter and I returned the favor. On hers she is following Barack Obama. I clicked to follow him, too. Well now the auto response was to follow me. Barack is following your AGOL. Not personally of course, just on twitter.

****

Today began with Bridget at my desk so I could train her on the online queue she now has to manage for software pre-approvals. The queue used to only have about four items -- it has now grown to a dozen which requires extensive baby sitting. I had four online queues to manage so giving her that one made sense so I could concentrate on the three.

My group had lunch with our old director. You may recall he was let go in July. He is living it up. May I say how much more enjoyable lunch was today thanks to the temp being absent. There was no tension, no having to mind our p's and q's during the conversation. The food was yum, too.

Part of the afternoon was spent going over my queues with Bridget so she could keep an eye on them while I take an extra day off tomorrow. My basic advise to her was to not bother unless anyone was screaming which is a good advise as any. Ha!

I ended up staying staying until 7:30pm to finish up things. My eyes were so fatigued that looking at the screens was making me nauseous and dizzy. I love having dual monitors; however, sometimes switching your gaze quickly from one to the next for hours can be sickening. Conceding defeat, I drove home to take care of Cabal, make a hasty dinner and get back online for a last minute work e-mail. It was for a fun morale boosting event I am partially facilitating next week. My new work duties has taken precedence over fun work stuff. It should have gone out earlier in the week. That's the way it goes.


.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: