Thursday, September 04, 2008

Resurfacing

My eyes were open before my alarm went off at 3:50am. How does that happen? Well, how ever it happens my butt was up and walking Cabal 10 minutes later in the dark. Barely awake, I struggled to focus my eyes and properly gaze at my twinkling long distance neighbors. The stars were still there even though I haven't seen them in a long time.

I arrived at work before any of my team. My nerves were frazzled from driving in bumper-to-bumper traffic but I was able to park in a spot very close to the elevators on the fourth floor. Less than an hour later, we were all making it towards the other building thanks to my boss' driving. He blamed me for having a meeting so early especially since the time I scheduled is around the time I normally arrive.

Let me share something with you...Lately, I felt more alive and engaged at work. I don't know what it is. Bridget even agreed with me when I asked her about it. I was more assertive and voluntary with ownership of things like "Okay, I'll do this and follow it up with that" kind of thing. The go-getter style I am known for has slowly resurfaced. My job is not my passion; however, it pays bills and makes expensive haircuts and hair color possible. I need to respect that privilege by being more present.

There was a pull from several people wanting my attention today. Not sure what kind of extra magnetism I was emitting, but it was familiar. Most people are very comfortable with me from the moment they meet me. Strangers are apt to touch my arm or pat me on the back while others more familiar with me like to play with my long hair or come up and hug me. It is the damnedest thing. Today, for whatever reason, a few dinners with other people that have been canceled for whatever reason have now been rescheduled on my calendar.

The traffic going home was brutal. Some really cool upbeat music calmed my nerves some along with my impromptu call to Kathy while she is on her Wisconsin vacation with her boyfriend. She is a fish out of water there when it come to cuisine. Meat is king in Wisconsin thanks to the dairy empires. You may recall that Kathy is my favorite vegetarian. Still, she makes it work with cheese and vegetables including the apples she just picked.

Dinner was a simple spinach omelet. It was quick and healthy...As I've been updating you, I've been watching Gordon Ramsay revisiting Kitchen Nightmares. So far most of the disaster kitchens he's helped have improved at least 30% a year later. He's a hard ass but he's good. I am not necessarily interested in opening my own restaurant one day even though I get urgings often. It is my evil queen Martha Stewart I would like to emulate a bit. If not, I've always had an itch to open a whole shopping plaza with shops of an exotic flavor. The plans and ideas are within my PC sitting in my Creative Room. The day will come for these children of my mind to be truly born. Meanwhile, I need to starting thinking of heading for bed. My boss was inspired to schedule and equally early meeting tomorrow -- on a Friday for crissakes! Sacrilege. (Wink)


.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: