Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Concise Assessment

A few days into the new month and my first day back inside the office since I left it on Thursday. That could almost be the brief yet concise assessment of the day. Oh, you might be interested in nuances I suppose.

I tried to stay away from the fringes of drama from other people's lives. For example, my boss' three-year old refrigerator died yesterday after a fresh trip to the grocery store ($300) and he replaced it the same day for $2500 on a new one because his wife refused to live one day without one. The plainer one was not in stock, but the more expensive one was available. And there they went...Bridget had a cold which meant that she was not in a tolerable mood...Other people were just freakish while I tried to maintain my stillness amidst the frazzled energy.

This post is early as I have to be at work very much earlier than normal in the morning -- I scheduled a meeting early in the other building. It would be a good idea to be present. Ha!

My mind is jammed with information from today and I am trying to wind down. The adage to sleep on it may come into play here. The information is not really important or relevant to me; however, the fact that I have more or less isolated myself the past several days kept me from absorbing other people's energies, nervous energies. Let's hope tomorrow provides a better post. Maybe I'll find something more fun for you to enjoy. Sweetest dreams.


.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: