Saturday, September 06, 2008

Filipino Babysitting

Today I was babysitting Sharon. Yes, she is older than me by two years. Don't get so technical. Ha! Sharon is like a Filipino sister to me (other than Angie). She lived in the Philippines until high school was over. When I mention certain things, she knows exactly what I am referring to and that comforts me somehow.

Picked up Sharon at the Cadillac dealership where her vehicle was scheduled for maintenance and a window tint. I drove us to Cracker Barrel near my place so she could have her lunch of Chicken and Rice and I could finally have breakfast at 11:30am. We were so famished and struggled to contain our shoveling of food into our mouths.

Sharon began her marathon training today; the six miles she ran earlier this morning resulted in her body craving real food. Me? I had been saving my appetite for the big dig, if you will. We shopped around in the country store after. I pressed everything that would animate and make noise while she went behind me to shut them off or hold the ones that were falling off their perch on the shelf until their animation cycle ended. Yes, I am a brat.

We watched Something New with Simon Baker at my place. She hadn't seen it before and we both love Simon Baker. I stopped it at a logical point so we could pick up her car and then return to my place to resume the movie. What I like about re-watching movies you haven't seen in a while is that you get to be surprised again.

We ordered Chinese and picked it up. We ate while we watched the riveting film Closer with Natalie Portman, Jude Law, Clive Owen and Julia Roberts...Ten minutes after she left for home, I found her still at the gasoline station filling up her car; she had gotten sidetracked talking to her husband first. We laughed as she saw me pulling up to the next pump. Silly girls.

PS Today was my cousin Angie's birthday. I left her a rather loud squawking rendition of Happy Birthday on her cellphone while I drove home from dropping Sharon off at the dealership.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ANGELITA!!


.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: