Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Wig Envy

This is bit difficult to say but I am jealous of my wig. I have wig envy.

For almost three weeks now at work I have been complimented on "my hair" multiple times a day. The most surprising have been the men who have told me how much they liked it...even men who were too afraid to come up to me. What is it that makes them feel comfortable enough to tell me? I recall Tawny's husband Jeff's words at how it almost makes me look shy. Maybe it is a softer look? I almost want to scream to everyone how cool and edgy my short hair was before! Only about a couple dozen people at work saw that hairstyle during a brief February visit. Sniffle.

I haven't been secretive about the wig, but now that I have informed the co-workers I have more than a passing acquaintance I no longer correct other people. I figured the word would be passed along. Please don't misunderstand me. I am happy that my wig looks like real hair because I do love it and it brings me comfort in looking like myself.

One day I will have enough hair to shed my wig. From then I will grow my hair to its former glory to my make wig envious.

Kisses,
Sprinkles
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: