Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Reassessment

Just when I finally feel like being in the swing of things at work, I get to feel unwell again thanks to my chemo this coming Friday. I have more of the same cycle reoccurring in the next couple of months. My mind just has to be trained to withstand the mental and physical toll.

In between the "spaces" that is work and chemotherapy are blank spaces ready to be filled in with either meeting with friends and family or resting. You would think that with all my outings, I wouldn't have time to think on things...to reassess. I guess I am one of the lucky ones because I can find the time.

A magazine article and a youtube video within days of each other said a person without goals is someone without direction or is just getting in the car and spinning their wheels. Each day is supposed to have a goal or goals...

This Sunday I completed a treasure map. Nothing with pirates, but a visual representation of how I would like my life to be or my goals using a giant poster board, magazine cutouts of words and images, pictures of myself, glue and colored markers. This is the second one I've done that I can recall. The other was done about 17 years ago. I designed it using the principles of feng shui by placing images as they pertain to the bagua map and made sure I completed it while the New Moon was in the sign of Aries. This sign is the first sign in the zodiac and this is one of the better times to put your intention to the universe. You may call it bollocks but it works for me.

During my lunch yesterday I completed a little thing "how to find your passion" questionnaire from an advertising mogul:

1) What did you love as a kid?
I loved making things. I liked being recognized or being in front of people. I wasn't afraid of doing dance choreography and when I was 12 I was able to do a show for my school's Spring Fling concert. I loved designing. I still love designing as well as writing to express myself.
2) What was your best day and what were you doing? What did that involve?
My best days at school were when I was leading, creating and being recognized for it. My best days outside of school are always when I spent time of either my family or friends laughing, sharing a meal and telling stories.
3) Who are you jealous of?
David Bowie (he's just cool), Martha Stewart (for her drive and perfectionism), Madonna (for her maverick style in her reinventions), Angelina Jolie (this biatch is just hot and she can pilot a helicopter!) and Richard Branson (he puts the sexy in entrepreneur and he's fearless).
4) What would you do even if you weren't being paid?
I would come up with ideas for things all day and I would make stuff from concept to marketing. Of course, I enjoy helping people and making them feel special.
5) What would your script read if you were its author, no holds barred?
Script? I was thinking more like dust jacket on a book. Wickedly Blessed: Author and Innovator Sarah Sprinkles' inspirational journey to spread love, joy and beauty into the world.

Now we know I am not in my chosen career or bliss. I am thankful it allows me to live and pay bills. Before the alien extraction I was somewhat content to keep going and toss around my hopes, wishes and dreams. Months after the extraction and now chemotherapy, I am not so content. I want the second half of my life to be spent doing things I have always wanted to explore and be. There are so many things on my bucket list. I hope I get to do them all. My enthusiasm is only tempered by my immediate health concerns. My mind is miles ahead. Then my body will just have to do its best to catch up.

Love,
Sprinkles xxoo
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: