Monday, April 05, 2010

First Day Back at Work

Extra alarms and extra notes for myself made the 5am wake-up more organized. It was timing the two different sets of meds that facilitated the early wake-up before Jeff came to drive me to work around 7:30am.

Everyone was welcoming when they saw me or sought me out when they heard I was at my desk. Those who caught me in the hall were agog. I am three sizes down from the tumor and my new hair is much lighter and shorter compared to previous long AGOL hair. It was great to be back in at half capacity.

The second set of meds kicked in making my brain and vision fuzzy. I have my last dose for this past chemo tonight. My boss briefed me on what was expected going forward after we discussed how the next couple of days would be for me. I have things to look forward to as we go along. I also attended a conference call which is a sure sign I was back at work.

Around 3pm Jeff met me at my desk where I was glad to go home early and rush home for a few hours of nap time before my evening regimen. My bedtime will be 10pm tonight for an early morning ride with Jeff and Tawny which will bring me to work at 7am. Methinks Jeff will have to drop me off home early again which works out because he can then go home early and rest before he has to go online for work at night for a work project. We'll see... Good night, my lovelies.

Kisses,
S
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: