Thursday, April 22, 2010

Glamcer

Silent crazed lunatic -- is there such a thing? That's how felt today as I wrapped up some work before taking time off for my third chemo tomorrow. It wasn't all harried; I had some fun. Too much of fun that it made me work later than I had planned originally. Oh, well.

At lunch today, my gal pal Jill was able to see my wig in person for the first time and she loved it. Her hair looked cute, too, with the blonder color and newer cut.

Speaking of Jill... How can two glamorous women be reduced to infantile antics laced with earthy sense of humor in the middle of a nice restaurant? Because they can. We blew situations into comic proportions. For example, Jill mentioned that her boss was so fit he looked like a guy from this fitness commercial. I asked if we could use my cancer as an excuse to be allowed to count how many muscles he had on his abdomen. I know -- shameless!!

More shameless... Jill says I have glamcer -- glamorous cancer. I almost died laughing. Don't you think I didn't start using it at work right after lunch. We are of like mind about not letting situations get us down and to create the light and, if possible, glamorous side of things. It's a way to cope. Things can be ugly, but why not make it beautiful and make us feel good? Yeah, glamcer will soon catch on!

I didn't get to my apartment until 8pm thanks to work and last minute errands before my chemo tomorrow. Tawny called me as I was at the mailbox. I received a key to a separate box that held a package too big for my regular mailbox. For some reason I couldn't get it open. I picked up Tawny a few buildings over who was able to open it for me through super secret spy moves I was too tired to come up with on my own. She helped me carry groceries and my package mailed from the Great White North aka Canada.

My gift opening was saved for last as a reward for the day. I opened to a beautiful Japanese tea set complete with five different flavored teas and a canister to store each as I consume them. I loved the understated design that revealed enough of a color band at the bottom to keep it whimsical. I must say the part I loved best was the mesh strainer inside the teapot. The other ceramic teapots I have don't have one. I have a giant heart-shaped mesh tea ball I could have used, but this makes it easier. Tawny properly ooh'd and aah'd with me as I opened everything. Thanks to a very special friend for sending me such a thoughtful and lovely gift.



I now have something new to look forward to during my recovery weekend...

Hugs,
Sarah xo
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: