Tuesday, February 09, 2010

New Do

My hair received the cut I have been planning for weeks and I love it! Tania, my stylist, was loathed to make the cuts needed to achieve the shorter look. She seemed sad until I encouraged her and turned it into a positive thing by reminding her that I was cutting away old energy and that I was looking forward to a sexy new look.

Here is the carnage on the floor. From the longest point in the back to the shortest section in the back was about a 12-inch cut. Tawny teased that some of the clumps on the floor resembled small dogs. Silly girl.



This is not the official photo. This is the "It is 10pm and I am too tired to brush the hair and take a more proper and flattering photo". Ugh -- you can't even see the dark red color just a dark color. Tawny says I look like a Japanese anime character and is waiting for me to have blue streaks in it. The odd thing is that doesn't feel short in the back. My aunt was sure startled when she saw me because I do look like my mother. I did forewarn her; the resemblance was just too much.



After our salon visit, Tawny and I made a brief stop to use my gift card to buy Bare Minerals make-up. We then zoomed to one of my favorite clothing stores for Tawny to buy an alternative interview blouse. Instead she found a nice autumn green shirt and a lacy black camisole she can wear underneath other blouses. My clothes are three sizes too big now -- it feels like I am wearing my big sister's clothes. I only had enough energy to buy a new top and a pair of jeans WITH proper buttons and zip. No elastic waistband!!! Ha. Since we were meeting some work friends at a bar, I wore my new clothes out of the store and Tawny exchanged her shirt for the green one, too.

Oh -- I must tell you this: When Tawny emerged from the dressing room, she thought she lost me. She was afraid that I had already left to go to the car. With my new haircut and clothes, she didn't recognize me at the counter waiting for her!

Within minutes we were at the appointed meeting place near work where I had my co-workers, who hadn't seen me since I left on leave, gawking with disbelief. They said I looked great, but definitely different. We were all very happy to be reunited again. I may see more of them when I visit the office on Friday. Man, did I get very tired by then, but it was worth it to be milling around doing things I would normally do. I felt alive again.
.
Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

Peter Kenny said...

Glad you're up and about. Digging the new hairs. Looking good!