Sunday, November 30, 2008

Roll With It

Last week was a combination of personal time-off and a long Thanksgiving holiday weekend. I didn't have advance plans, just points of interest if you will. Perhaps it was all Divine Planning. Did the Universe think I had been running a mile a minute with my head cut off for a couple of months? They must have. Who else would smite your AGOL with a four-day illness from Tuesday through Friday? Okay...smite is a tad dramatic, but to succumb to bed rest and to hoard physical energy for later use in driving across the city for Thanksgiving Day is not what I call entertaining.

No, I am not going to whine the whole entry. I survived and now on the mend just in time for going back to work tomorrow. Sigh. I must remember that any (perceived) suffering has an equal reward or so I heard somewhere today.

Oh some tidbits...

A funeral director tried to chat up Tawny and me at our friend Kathy's grandma's funeral last Sunday which was not in the same county and not "citified" like Trampa. What the hell was that about? So...you're Hillsborough County Girls. Sprinkles smirking in her head: We must be since we have all our teeth and well under the average age of this county -- 60.

Getting closer to getting my bike that I've been planning for almost a year now but thanks to my old car's constant care, I was forced to sink a few thousand dollars in that instead of the much anticipated bike.

Last Monday, Sharon's husband and friend came over to install the extra leaf on my dining room table that can now seat six comfortably as well as install a curved shower rod that - holy cow - gives you so much room to boogie in. I just might invite a couple of shower-friendly friends over for fun - no, test, I mean. LOL...I fed the boys a big lunch. Before I knew it, they were taking the leftovers and the rest of freshly baked chocolate chip cookies home. That same evening my old buddy Dianne came over, too. I made her dinner and more chocolate chip cookies. We ended up talking while we had the DVD Mamma Mia playing in the background. Poor thing was made redundant recently. Funnily enough, she chose to work in the financial sector thinking it would be safer. The upswing is that she won the grand prize during a film festival this summer. She and her husband will be embarking on a two-week fancy schmancy cruise the first two weeks of December. Hooray!

On Thanksgiving, our old friend Dan got engaged. Not sure how I completely feel about that other than a sense of anti-climactic and a sigh of relief. Hard to explain...

San Francisco Trish is coming to Orlando in late January for a visit to her boyfriend's family. The wench is forcing me to meet her in EPCOT. Ewww... She said that she would be my birthday present. I told her she's always wanted to fulfill her lesbian fantasies of me for at least 15 years now and that there was still no chance. Too bad she's not Angelina Jolie. There could have been a slight chance we could have worked that out. Hahaahhahaha.

I won't go into details, but today I learned what it meant to truly overextend my thoughtfulness, generosity and creativity to a few individuals who could never truly appreciate them by disrespecting those attributes of mine. It was sharply unexpected. I am over it; however, I am wincing at the words echoing from Tab about how I am too open and giving. It is a moot point because I will not change those parts of me. My joy in life will not be stolen so easily.

Other than rolling with the weird maladies and surprise punches, I am still enjoying my car. To say it gives me pure joy would be a true statement. It has become a meditative instrument for me. The blue lights on the dash are very calming. I am averaging 32/33 miles per gallon which is incredible!

December is tomorrow. My old nemesis Christmas Blues hasn't fully surfaced this season. I hope I didn't jinx myself. In any case, thanks to my smitey illness, I was saved from being out and about on Black Friday. There is always (tomorrow) Cyber Monday where all the Internet deals are jostling for attention. Speaking of, I believe I have wash in the dryer that needs attention now. Good night, my lovelies. xo


.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: