Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Election Day

I have posts waiting to be edited and I am busy as hell at work, but this is too important....

My insomnia kicked in...I woke up at 1:30am and stayed awake till 3am. My body and mind were not prepared for Bridget's car breaking down which necessitated for her to not be at work. My boss gave me a "honey do" list on a yellow piece of paper. When I post yesterday's stuff, you will know that my day off turned into a working from home day. So much for taking a mental health day. I was beat going in this morning.

The erratic and nervous energy my boss exuded made me eat/drink an avocado...several pieces of Halloween candy...a small banana...a bunch of fish crackers...a cup of full sugar hot chocolate...a can of cherry cola...and God knows what else BEFORE 11am. Yes, that bad.

I bought lunch at the cafe downstairs and brought it up to eat at my desk while I continued to work. My sleep deprivation eventually caught up with me and my energy was nil. I had to find some before I left to go home. My cousin Angie had me on speaker phone on my drive home which allowed her and her pal Alfred to talk to me from California while I made my way home. Talking to someone while I am tired makes me drive better because I go on autopilot...

Tawny picked me up so we could get some pizza for election results watching at her place. Pizza...cola...coffee..and yummy baked cookies were served at Chez Tawny. Yup - meal of the sleep deprived. In the end, it was all worth it.

Clockwise starting left: I needed an activity while waiting for results so I colored in the states as the results came in; First screen with Barack projection; NBC.com with announcement on Tawny's laptop; and McCain giving his concession speech with Barack Obama-President caption


Tawny shared this quote from someone in National Public Radio (NPR):



Here is President Elect Obama with his acceptance speech.



.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: