Monday, April 06, 2009

Talisman

This morning had me remembering a childhood habit of making the sign of the cross right before I left the house for school. It is a Catholic thing, I guess -- maybe more of a thing to keep your safety in mind as you move through the world.

I was trying to think of what I would do since I no longer believe in making the sign of the cross, not with the true conviction of a believer or the 10 year old child I once was so long ago. Don't get me wrong, I believe in a Higher Power. I just don't believe in a middle-person between me and my Source...

The reason for my dilemma was that I was leaving the sanctuary of my apartment for the first time since Friday night. I had spent a majority of the day and good part of the evening at my aunt's helping her with her new Cricut craft gadget I mentioned in a previous post. Work was not too far from the day either. I logged in the morning before I left and late afternoon to give my approvals for requests in the afternoon. No, it was not a full day off.

Any plans I had for the weekend I scrapped in lieu of getting more sleep, doing chores and achieving peace. It worked and was in danger of getting disrupted yesterday when I ran out of ingredients to make good food. I was saved by a quick order from a national pizza delivery chain. Thirty minutes later, I was enjoying my veggie pizza. My Chinese place doesn't deliver and I wasn't about to leave my apartment to break the peaceful spell.

So what did I use or do when I left the house today? Star Trek. Okay, not quite. I just used the words "shields up" before I walked out. Like in most anything in the world, the only thing that can protect you is you. Your luck is not improved by things like a rabbit's foot or by not stepping on a crack. In today's case other people's energies didn't bother me as it normally would after a long weekend without physical human contact. People who normally suck the life energy out of me to catch up on weekend happenings never materialized or stayed long. Only you can attract the universal forces that can keep you safe.

I am my talisman.
.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: