Thursday, April 23, 2009

And AGOL Created Many Suns...

Hey Everybody! Just quickly checking in when I should be sleeping. This is the third night in a row I have been up late. The first two were spent creating pins out of polymer clay. Here's the process if you're so inclined to be insane:

1) Roll clay in sheets using dedicated non-food pasta machine. Repeat a few times.
2) Fold clay and press together to desired thickness.
3) Stamp clay with image.
4) Trim excess clay. [Ouch..cut myself with clay blade.]
5) Bake clay and then let cool. [Ouch..burned myself.]
6) Paint clay using acrylic paint and dry.
7) Rub metallic rub-on paint on stamped image. [No fingerprint left!]
8) Spray two coats of gloss sealer, letting dry in between. [Try not to get high on fumes...]
9) Adhere pinback using extremely strong glue [...without sticking your fingers together. Eek!]

I left the task of putting them into small cello bags and sealing with them with thin metallic ribbon to my project partner Sharon. What's all the fuss? Today is "Take Your Son/Daughter to Work Day" and we will be handing them out to the kids who are participating. There are about 30. I decided that Sharon and I could tout ourselves as Smile Ambassadors and talk about maintaining a positive attitude at work and they, too, could be Smile Ambassadors for the day by wearing the pin. I know -- you're getting cavities.

Photos taken from my cellphone camera - pardon the quality...




Tonight I completed my mid-year review while dyeing a pair of pants black again. Thanks to my obsession with detergent, they have grayed a bit. This is one of the little issues that plague the AGOL. Sigh.

I've been desperate to post so here it is for now... Did I mention the "passports" I designed for the kids to take with them throughout the day to be filled with stickers and stamps from the speakers/classes? Nites.. xxoo
.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: