Friday, November 30, 2007

Interview with an AGOL

Fog greeted me at 4:30 this morning when I walked my dog. I haven't been listening to the news at night for the weather forecast so the mist came as a surprise...

Arrived at work earlier to get breakfast downstairs to eat at my desk while I reviewed information for my second interview. Boss was surprised to see me upon his arrival and Bridget, too. He allowed me out of vendor a meeting this morning so I could have my second interview. I'm lucky he's generous.

With my corporate logo stamped notebook, pages of printed info and my cell phone, I sat in my car and waited for the call. Using my car as a private office was much easier and was able to focus more. The phone rang and I began to detail what I had learned since my first interview on servers and related architecture. Almost gave myself a headache trying to make the technical terms flow easily from my mouth. She was more impressed with me and my gumption, as she calls it. She like that I used my resources to learn in an efficient and unique way. The subject of relocation came up, but I tried to get a compromise of splitting my time between here and Atlanta, Georgia. I still have another set of interviews with two other people prior to my being flown for the final interview with the Big Kahuna (CIO). So far, so good. Wish me luck on the next set!

Remember my buddy Dan and the angel tree from yesterday? He's done very well for himself and today he finally showed me his most recent acquisition (about three years ago). It is a special edition Dodge Viper. It was previously owned and to date has less than 7000 miles on the odometer. The guy who sold it to him didn't realize what a collector's item he had because Dan got it for a very reasonable price. Bridget and I ogled it for several minutes and almost died of sexiness when we sat in it. I was on driver's side and she was on the passenger side...Bridget needs to see his 1969 Chevelle Super Sport, too. That is a beautiful car.

Vroom! Vroom!


This special ACR (American Car Racing) edition has leveler tubes installed next to the headlights for perfect balancing. Can you believe this?


Dan and I will be meeting up tomorrow at 9am to buy five different girls of ages from 1 to 16 most of their wish list. He's a brave soul to take me shopping. This should be a fun activity and for a moment make me forget how much I despise the holiday. Yep, we'd better go early.

Worked late and called Myrna on the way home. Teased her about missing out on Myrna Minutes because her mother had been visiting for two weeks. She picked me up later for dinner. I was so tired and tried to perk up with four cups of coffee during our meal. Nope. I was asleep soon after I got home. Sad.
.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: