Thursday, November 01, 2007

One Hour Equals Six Hours

Woke up an hour earlier to get to work an hour earlier so I could leave six hours earlier. Short version: in at 8am to leave at 11am. Taking some time off to help Tawny get set-up in her and Jeff's new apartment at my complex. She had to get the apartment keys and wait for the cable/phone/Internet guy.

We met her husband at the office. After they signed papers and did the walk-thru, Jeff went back to work while we stopped at my place and picked up a card table and two chairs...AND THEN to pick up our delicious Chinese take-out for a late lunch at their new place.

Jokingly bought several things to bring to Tawny's new place as a standard of expectation for when Cabal and I visit:
  • my favorite scent in hand soap (milk and honey) for one of the bathrooms and the kitchen;
  • my favorite gum (Orbit white);
  • straws (my teeth are too sensitive from whitening);
  • Hershey's Kisses for the freezer (love them cold!);
  • my favorite facial tissue (for box design and quality);
  • my favorite toilet tissue brand (rated well in a consumer magazine);
  • my favorite air freshener plug-in with Autumn Harvest Spice scent;
  • my favorite dinner napkin brand (no making do with common paper towels - ha!)
  • a can of Spam (in case of AGOL emergency);
  • and one box of Cabal's favorite treats.
Other items like paper towels, paper plates, plastic cups & flatware, soda bottles, bottled water, cleaning tissues, trash bags and cloth towels for kitchen and bathroom made it in, too. Mind you, Tawny, is one of the few who would take this in the light vein it was conveyed. You should have seen her face when we opened my trunk and unpacked the contents in the kitchen! Jeff chuckled and thanked me later when we told him about my gifts as we ate the dinner he brought us.

With both of our laptops on the card table, we surfed the Internet while we waited for the cable guy to install connections and the maintenance guy to fix the minor A/C problem. Our set-up looked like it was out of a mob movie. Yes, we IM'ed each other so we could comment on the visitors without them knowing we were talking about them. Geekesses were in full effect.

Tawny and Jeff are going to be busy juggling their schedules to move bits from two houses into the new apartment. Their two sons will be living in their old house that will also serve as their art studio and British Jeff's house, where they've been living for a few months, has finally sold. They have purchased his leather sofa set with chaise lounge, etc. Meanwhile, Cabal and I are getting excited to visit them more often. Now he has two places where he can be spoiled rotten! Lucky dog.
.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: