Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Banc d'Karma

I haven't shopped for Christmas gifts yet and I am already tired! The last two weeks have been nuts. It all started with having to tell the payroll lady that the extra $5000 deposited in my checking account was an error. Imagine having to write that e-mail -- I almost cried!

Apparently, in processing their new payroll system that is now in-house and local, they did run into some errors one of which was depositing a rather large comission check into my checking account including my regular payroll. How did I first find out? I checked my ATM receipt from the night before on my way to my hair appointment. At first I thought it was someone else's, but the withdrawal amount was a unique amount so I knew it was mine. I had to wait a few hours until I got back home to check online banking and the extra advice I received in the mail.

It was tempting to not say anything, but only for a few moments, you know how karma works...The e-mail was written, they were thankful and the money was sucked backed out....sigh. It is all for the best and I know I will receive it back...when I don't know. I will post a ginormous update when it does!

While reality was setting in, I wrapped up some stuff at work so I could get ready for the HOE party on Sunday the 19th and for taking Thanksgiving week off. I was doing the Happy Asian Fast Walk...dust followed my feet wherever I went.

Handmade Felt Heart in Dazzling AGOL Tree!

The HOE party was a success thanks to my little divas who attended and the way cool appletinis! I started out using half Absolut Vodka and half Rose's Sour Apple Mix which produced a potent appletini with a smooth finish. One of my divas had the idea to cut it down with a healthy splash of the spiced apple cider I had made and that took it into AGOL heights of appletini ecstasy! This drink will now forever be called the HOE-tini.

All the yummy food was no match for the chocolate fountain surrounded with mini chocolate pretzels, giant marshmallows, squares of pound cake, honey graham sticks to use with marshmallow fluff to drown in the liquid love dripping from the fountain to make S'mores. Even the buttery rum cake got a drenching under the liquid curtain. My divas were way too creative....or happy-happy from the appletinis.

My divas left with AGOL loving vibes and the ornaments they exchanged. I did a heinous thing this year of not having any ornaments completed so I owe them next week. It was almost too much for the AGOL this year: the army of plates & food prep and the decorations. They were okay with it especially after getting to be a part of the whole HOE experience.

A very special thank you goes to my helper and great friend 'Bobwana' for last minute table prep and cooking help. This woman is a saint to put up with the AGOL. I have contributed 1/4 of the points in her karmic bank. Even though she was a peasant in her last life and an AGOL slave (echelons higher than peasant) in this life, she just might get to be a queen in her next life. Long Live Queen Bobwana!


Share/Save/Bookmark

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You're craggy! Thanks for the Karma - you know I need it! Love Ya.

Kathy B said...

I waddled out of there...but not without my plate of goodies for later and some for my honey (which I ended up eating - shhh!) This HOE says everything was great!