Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Early H.O.E. Gets The Invite

H.O.E. 2006 Invitation

Receiving one of these invitations from me is accepting a mix of thrill, year round anticipation, and some dread. What started as a joke to accessorize my tree with ornaments has turned into quite the mini gala. This is the sixth year I am hosting a H.O.E. (Handmade Ornament Exchange) Party where I invite over a dozen other friends and family to participate in exchanging the same amount of ornaments...mostly handmade. Some have been so paralyzed by trying to outdo the others that they got "artist's block" and had to buy them at the last minute!

The Sunday before Thanksgiving has now been the date to mark on the calendar and this year I am serving Paninis and Christmartinis in addition to the buffet of goodies that has come to be expected every year which include mini quiches, brie with cranberry rum sauce on top, crab wontons & artichoke wontons, Filipino eggrolls (lumpia), rum cake, chocolate ganache cupcakes, etc., etc., etc. Who can live (gasp!) without the glorious creation of a chocolate fountain?!! My girls know to come hungry.

I am humbled and flattered that this event has come to mean so much to my group to both the veterans and the newbies. That is why I have to start decorating inside for Christmas this week. My 6-ft tree with 1200 lights isn't magically delicious just by thinking about it. A lot of cursing goes into that creation. Yes, I have to let Trampa International Airport know about the possible plane diversions because of the bright lights coming from my apartment. Besides, with the constant urban sprawl Santa needs a little help knowing where his AGOL lives! He knows when he's nice, I'll be -- I think you know the rest. HOE! HOE! HOE!
Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

helloagol said...

Can't wait to see what kind of ornaments you will be rockin' around the tree this year!

BTW, I found some vegan stuff for you I might make. It'll be a "supplies"!