Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Bored Out of My Gourd

My plans today were canceled by my galpal which has sent my cabin fever into overdrive. Am I supposed to go out shopping and have lunch with over 100 staples still on my abdomen? I really don't care. I am recovering at my aunt's and have been been able to shower without help and do one load of laundry without help. The reliance on my walker is less and less so I can go out for a spell.

I just don't have time for cancer related activities!!!! There I have said it.

My goals are being pre-empted with all this cancer crap. Tomorrow morning I get to have all the staples extracted. I may even hear of which treatment plan my surgeon has for me. :::now with heavy sarcasm::: Let's get excited about chemo -- ooohhh! I will get excited later but not right at this very moment. Right now I am annoyed.

You know what I've found out? That full cable television is boring and is filled with mind-numbing junk. Ugh. Thank God I don't waste my money on this stuff. At my aunt's house, I have no choice but to surf 400 channels of brain-goo inducing programming.

If you haven't noticed, I am bored and I feel trapped. Maybe it is a good thing that Tawny still has my car because I would drive it right now against doctor's orders with this song blasting all the way up to the stratosphere: Sprinkle's Theme Today.
Share/Save/Bookmark

3 comments:

badgerdaddy said...

Read! Grab A Confederacy of Dunces, or something inspirational... Born to Run inspires the crap out of me, maybe because I love running, but that aside it's a wonderful adventure of a story. What else... Generation A by Douglas Coupland, I just finished it and it's excellent...

helloagol said...

Thanks for the titles, my sweet bdaddy! It almost sounded like an admonishment. LOL

It is not that I don't have books to read though now I will have to check out the ones you listed. I just wanted to get away. Sitting and taking it easy all day is just not my cuppa tea especially when I am not in my own home.

Being a social butterfly one minute and a reluctant patient the next is challenging. Yes, I do have cheese with my whine... ;p

badgerdaddy said...

Yeah, but when your choices are limited, sometimes you just have to accept... Neither a good thing nor a bad thing, just a temporary thing.