Saturday, June 20, 2009

Hot and Cold

Feeling the artificial breeze move across the top sheet covering my body reminded me that I had a mission this morning. The air conditioning had gone on the fritz again yesterday. It wasn't blowing any cold air and indoors registered 82 degrees when I got home. By 8am today, the humidity had thickened within Chez Sprinklesville. Oppressive! A small oscillating fan I kept in the storage room outside moved with me from room to room lessening my discomfort.

I rushed through breakfast scarfing down cold cantaloupe pieces and a stick of cheese. The cloying warmth didn't encourage any cooking. A quick shower followed but I stopped myself from the instinctual urge to shampoo my hair. The last thing I wanted was to use a hot hair dryer on it and I refuse to go out with wet hair.

An hour after I visited the main office, one of the maintenance guys came to investigate. He soon discovered the problem outside - a burnt wire! Thank goddess it was easily rectified to bring back the cool in Chez Sprinklesville. When it was chilled enough I trekked to the other side of town to spend the afternoon and early evening at my aunt's.

I gave my uncle his Father's Day gift one day early (a rare bottled six-pack of San Miguel beer imported from the Philippines) and a humorous card filled with heart Sprinkles he had to dump out from his netbook. They scattered all over as he opened to read the card. Whoops!


............................................................
Sharing some pics...

Stuffed Bell Pepper with Rice and Kale. Two of these were perfect for lunch during the week.



This was done for instructional purposes only. Zucchini ribbons are a great alternative to pasta. These were too thin really to blanch for a minute or two. I should have eaten it raw with the hot tomato sauce I made. If you were to use a mandolin slicer or a vegetable peeler, you can get thicker and more firm ribbons to blanch and hold their shape better. I used a saladacco (spiral slicer) which can also be used to do spaghetti-style noodles.


Yes, I used chopsticks. I included the pic of my personal stash. Round chopsticks not square, mind you, are my preference.

AND THEN....(There is always an AND THEN, right?)

My eyes bore into the title and picture of this DVD at the craft supercenter during a trip with my aunt to today. What was the author thinking? Why did the producers allow this? Egads!


Just sayin'.
.
Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

badgerdaddy said...

Well hot diggity it's been quiet here lately...