Friday, January 23, 2009

Hmmm...Crepes

Gal pal Tawny met me by my car this morning so we could start our second day of adventure at my hairdresser's. She was redeeming the gift card I gave her for Christmas to get a fresh cut for future job interviews. Her new do is quite cute and sassy I must say! While I was waiting, I selected a new color to replace the bright auburn I have been sporting since September 2007. My appointment was set for 9am the next morning.

We arrived at the art building in downtown Ybor (Tampa's Latin Quarter) near noon. We checked in with the other building principal and told her we would be back after lunch. The news was met with an unpleasant sniff. Methinks she may be a little put off by my presence since I have been commandeering Tawny's attention. I don't really care. I took two days off to help Tawny unpack and rearrange her work room. This additional help was needed more now that her husband hurt his back and has been on bed rest and painkillers. Soon we made our way for a proper breakfast/lunch (brunch!), but there was one stop at a retro/vintage shop filled with 1980's clothing. I can't believe my teens are now labeled "retro". Good God.

Our rumbling tummies were satiated at La Creperia Cafe where dozens of sweet and savory mouthwatering crepe selections were awaiting us. We both selected savory breakfast crepes made with whole wheat. Our coffees were paired with one sweet sweet crepe we shared. All this feasting lasted us throughout the afternoon and early evening.



Another sniff of disdain greeted us when we got back. I quickly changed into some "work clothes" that I wouldn't mind getting dusty and dirty. At some point Tawny and I were helping with this lady's stuff which pissed off Tawny's husband when he found out since I was there to help Tawny not her. We figured we'd hurry, do a couple of hours of work and just get it done so we wouldn't have to listen to her moan about it further. Eventually we accomplished the goal of getting things unpacked, off the floor and cleared off the tables so Tawny and Jeff could start making art in their room right away. The room now is airier and ready for some creativity.

After I dropped off Tawny from another fun-filled adventure, I settled in for the evening and reheated my leftover crepe which was still yummy. I discovered that my central air was not working at all: no heat or cold air blew from the vents as in no fan coming on. Grrr. The complex was lucky I didn't call them that late. Cooler temps were still dancing about our city and the needed repair was not high on my list. Mind you they just replaced the thermostat before Thanksgiving I think. Well, that will be another lovely call for service. At least I feel like I am getting my money's worth on my rent.
.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: