Thursday, January 22, 2009

The Heat is On

The heat is finally turned on in the Sprinkles household. I was loathed to turn the dial to heat because the initial smell of dust (and critters?) burning being piped was enough to make me gag. I opened the sliding glass doors to heat the outdoors in my effort to rid the smell out. That was last night.

Walking the dog early this morning reaffirmed my plan to buy a parka. There was a freeze warning. I saw a layer of frost in the rows of cars parked at home. It would be overkill on the parka, but I would be comfy. (No, I am not actually buying one to use less than handful of times a year.) Ugh. I've lived in Wyoming and Chicago; maybe I just need to quit being a sissy about the cold and just zip up a warm coat...

Today was one of the two days off I elected to take so I could spend time with Tawny downtown helping her clean their art space. The building they are leasing (with two other principals) is being prepared for rent and shows. They expect to rent for events like parties, art showings and small concerts. There will also be Saturday art classes for kids that I will probably participate in. A small art supply store is planned. A small recording studio and a photography studio are planned within, too. How can this much creativity thrive in one place? We're about to find out. Tawny will blog about it soon, I'm sure.

While we were at lunch, I felt like I was skipping school because I was away from work during a weekday. Odd feeling. It didn't feature prominently the rest of the day because despite the dust and hard work, we were having fun. Being surrounded by tubes of paints, jars upon jars of glazes for clay, molds to fill with clay slip, clay and glass kilns is a big energy boost.

Now to find the electric blanket...Thirty-eight degrees is the forecast overnight. Talk about chillin' in Tampa!
.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: