Monday, July 30, 2007

Oh, Shih Tzu!

Don't recall how the rest of the afternoon went exactly. All I remember is that I was busy while trying to fight a mysterious fatigue. Coffee did not help much. My suspicions fall to an energy vampire. I'd say who, but wouldn't want to conjure her up. Ha!

Was able to IM briefly with Angie. She was tired from attending Comicon (world's largest comic book convention) in San Diego this weekend, but had fun with two of her pals. She saw actor Clive Owen (yum!) among many other celebrities.

This yearly event is becoming the place for celebrities and fans to connect especially in the science fiction film and TV genre, according to my movie critic friend who was thinking of attending this year...Angie vows to pay an extra $150 per night to stay at the hotel next to the convention center for 2008 to avoid trolley/bus rides. Time and convenience -- worth it if you can swing it!

Spoke to Jill on the way home. She was feeling better about her new job and doing generally well. Jill wished for having a girlie girl lunch with several of us so we'll have to plan that soon.

Met Myrna for dinner at Cracker Barrel. I had a jones for cornbread and she was game. She informed me that her husband bought her another puppy. This time a female Shih Tzu to accompany Teddy, their male Yorkie.

I suggested she name the new puppy Tara, as in Tara and Teddy, but Myrna said she wanted to name her Sarah Belle. She apparently has the oriental features reminiscent of you know who. I died laughing. She and her husband have been calling me Sarah Belle at times. Her husband was not keen on that in case it offended me, but I love it and told her to go for it!

Back home to my own puppy who was waiting for his play date. I was home earlier to walk and feed him, but scooted out for my own dinner. Cabal would not stand for another doggie in the apartment even if it was a female. No way! He has a gravy train he's guarding and keeping all to himself.
Share/Save/Bookmark

2 comments:

badgerdaddy said...

Some friends of mine know Clive Owen. Apparently he's a really nice bloke. He's patron of their local very old and restored cinema, too. Which is bloody nice of him.

helloagol said...

He's a nice and nice to look at, too! ;p I know you don't care about the latter, but it's great when you hear about actors being altruistic and not perpetually singing opera Me-me-me...