Saturday, March 15, 2008

AGOL is Asian?

It has been a few months since I have walked the woods just miles from my apartment. Kristey was already there by the time I arrived. Her new friend was nowhere in sight. I found out later that she was horrified that we would begin our walk at 8:30am. She was lucky because last year we started at 7:30am! We blissfully completed our own four mile circuit with me noting a lone red dragonfly along the way.

My friends always want me to bring my Pretty Boy Dog, but it would be more hassle than happy for either of us. He's getting on in years and he hates other dogs. It would be stressful to try to control him every third mile when we would encounter other dogs. He wouldn't make the whole circuit. He's a spoiled aging gentle doggie. Belly and back rubs are more his style.

When I got home, I saw another flying creature. This time it was a large needle dragonfly flying near my door. What kind of messages are my winged friends bringing me? I had no time to think about it more until hours later on my way to see my hairdresser Michelle.

I bought a musical card for Michelle that played Gloria Gaynor's I Will Survive and I tucked in her pictures of her kittens I had taken last weekend. She wants me to take pictures with her more sophisticated camera next time I come over because she says I take good shots...

It has become a habit to stop at the bubble tea place a few doors down where I ordered the same flavor of jackfruit with mango fruits gels and boba (tapioca pearls). The Vietnamese guy behind the counter asked me how I knew about jackfruit. I told him I was half Filipino and with a face full of surprise he asked me, You're Asian?! I almost died. I said yes and how I was born in the Philippines and had lived the first 11 years of my life there. His lady helper heard this last bit and said to me, You're Asian?! OMG. Were these people blind? Did they not see my chinky eyes? I called Angie and Tawny to ask them if they knew I was Asian. We had a great laugh.


(To their credit, I am only HALF Asian...Still, give me a break.)

Ended up at Tawny's with her family for a very non-Asian dinner of cheeseburgers. I was a nuisance to her in the kitchen, but I was a good helper in setting up the table and making sure everything was on there. Stayed late enough to remember that they had to get an early start to go to Universal Studios tomorrow. Walked back across the complex to my doggie who waited for me like an irate parent. Apparently, the only allowable fun in his book is with him. Good thing he is cute...That's all I can say.
.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: