Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Baby, It's Cold Outside!

My Pretty Boy Dog (tri-colored sable Sheltie whose real name is Cabal) woke me up at 3:40am this morning to go outside. When a dog has to go, a dog has to go even if it is dark-thirty! I quickly realized the temperature had plunged into a freezing temp overnight. Later I found out it was 46 friggin' degrees, not quite freezing, but it was still 20 degrees colder than the day before. It had become the first official winter weather day in the humble city of 'Trampa'.

As PBD sidestepped the leftover sprinkler moisture on the cement sidewalk outside our apartment, I began chanting "nippili erecti nippili erecti" (pronounced nipple eye erect eye) while doing the Asian Lady Shuffle Walk at warp speed. This involves keeping your legs tightly together while you let from your knees down do all the walking. Of course, with thighs rubbing together (how could one help it?), I almost became a member of the Campfire Girl Club with the heat generated. I might have burst into flames if it weren't for the cold!

Cabal looked at me as if to say, "WTF?" Like it was *my* fault it was cold?! I had to concentrate on multi-tasking. Doing the Asian Lady Shuffle Walk and covering your chest from the chilling breeze while trying to corral a hyper dog are enough to try the patience of this Asian Goddess -- OY! I hadn't even wiped the naughty dreams from my eyes yet or had a nirvana cup of java...We did finally do PBD's morning circuit around the complex and returned to the warmth of the apartment -- 70 degrees. I looked at him and he looked at me with eyes that said, "I am worth it because I am pretty darn cute. Breakfast?"

Next time, I'm wearing corduroys just to join the Campfire Girls...complete with a Hot Dog!
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: