Saturday, November 14, 2009

Tulip Temptation

Give me an occasion. Any occasion. My creative compulsion will answer the faintest siren's call. It has lain dormant for almost three years. Now it has been unleashed to frighten me with its power and (grudgingly) its magic. My recent posts have reflected my giving into the sweetest temptations. Today fared no better.

Kristey had invited Myrna and me for dinner so we could enjoy the outdoor tiki bar she and husband had built in their large backyard. The last time we visited, the rain had discouraged any stay outdoors. Like last time with the Brownie Beach Cake, I volunteered to bring dessert.

Years of knowing Kristey has allowed me the intimate knowledge of her favorite color - purple and her favorite flowers - tulips. When we worked together, I had the pleasure of seeing her enjoy the bouquets of tulips her husband would send her on several occasions. I thought I'd try my hand at it from a different angle, an edible one.

The following is from my youtube page. It was not my intention to create a video with the pictures, but the amount of photos left me no choice. The quality isn't what I would like as the videos you can upload are 2MB max unless you want to break it down which I did not. Enjoy!




Kristey was very pleasantly surprised and enjoyed the filled tulip cups. The doily tray and plated photos were taken at her home.

Tulip Collage


xo Sprinkles
.
Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment: