Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Let Them Eat Cake

Felt weak getting up this morning and had a hard time getting my breath out. Talking to Cabal was an effort. I had to get ready for work this morning and bake Bridget's birthday cake before I left the apartment. I arrived at work later and had warned Bridget by leaving her a voicemail.

Bridget received a card signed by several people, the rum cake pictured below and our group singing Happy Birthday to her. She was so embarrassed, but smiley especially at the prospect of eating rum cake.

Famous AGOL Rum Cake, disguised as Bridget's Birthday Cake


Today was our group luncheon which was at The Cheesecake Factory. Five of us dined outside in the cool air. Portable propane heater lamps were everywhere so it wasn't bad. We laughed a lot; my boss was in rare form. The meal was a gift from our director while my boss gave each of us gals a gift certificate from Target. Both of these gentlemen were so generous!

Received a call from the owner of the health food store during lunch confirming my request and we chatted a couple of minutes on other stuff from the same brand. She was curious as to how I found out about the product and how did I know she carried them. I am ahead of the curve she says because it was just made available in the US from Canada.

I also couldn't help but take a picture of how beautiful the sky was from where we sat. Blue Sky on Bay Street (International Mall), sitting outside The Cheesecake Factory patio area.


The rest of the afternoon was rough. I forgot I had to go to a meeting! Aargh. My throat was starting to really sting and every time I breathed my throat felt like it was on fire. My boss noticed the volume of my voice had lowered; I told him it was because I had a hard time getting air out.

Rob IM'ed me to respond to my spreadsheet tracker I had sent him. Of course, he had to one-up me and show me his uber geek physical training tracker that could give you different kinds of information to let you know how well you were progressing. He also had another piece of software for his diet. Not there yet. He recommended a special heart rate monitor though. I will be definitely checking it out at this site.

Shared my Godiva Chocolate Cheesecake (I am enjoying it now while I can) late in the afternoon with Tawny. Enjoyed talking with her since I have barely seen her lately. I will see her a bit on Saturday night at her party. She listened to my woes I expressed. Thank goddess she loves me like family.

Had a bit of static trying to get together with my cousin Angie this evening. She wanted to escape the house because my aunt and uncle were having a Christmas party. After a few phone calls back and forth, we weren't able to get it together and will try again later in the week. Just as well. I was feeling really crappy. I took two cold/flu gel caps in the middle of typing this blog. Does that mean that I should sleep like a dream? I hope so.


.........................................................
Behind the Scenes Secret Pic - Who else would set up gold moire satin fabric as a backdrop for her famous rum cake? My kitchen is cluttered at the moment hence the small pic. I just wanted to show you the crack happening at my place.

.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: