Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Scary Meat, Mushrooms & Slimy Onions

Your AGOL is the Hostess with the Mostest! (and that's just my chest - haha) I'm hosting my second Christmas party within a month, but this time it is for my dearest old work buddies. There is a reason why our "circle of trust" is tight. It boils down to our food freakishness of allergies and what is not on the "approved list".

I always want my guests to feel extra special and enjoy my gatherings so I had to ask two if they had any food allergies or foods they couldn't stand. My Wisconsin Waif says something about a possible seafood allergy, but she's not sure until the test results get in soon. Then she mentioned mushrooms and scary meat.

WTF is scary meat? I'm thinking pteradactyl...Then she clarified "no blood, no bones, no dark meat, no gross looking fat or grizzle you know stuff like that and also nothing cute...I have the cute rule". Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Then we question the cute rule in our head because I know she didn't mean cute guys and she probably wasn't thinking Koala Kabobs either...I almost died laughing!

Then we get to Bubble Boy who is apparently allergic to life, he more recently found out he is allergic to wheat. We can dig that, AGOL just has to shop better and revise her menu...He'll just have to stay away from my Rhumba Rum Cake and the poundcake by the chocolate fountain.
Can those be made with rice flour? I am just crack waiting to happen...

I have two friends who don't like chewing into cooked onions although they like the taste of onions. It is slimy they tell me. Another one doesn't like mushrooms either. The other item on the "not approved list" are raw tomatoes especially if they are slightly heated. What can you expect from a group of IT peeps? I still love them....lucky them - spoiled brats!

Of course, what you are not reading and is the most important to memorize is the AGOL list of rules for parties. I'll save that for later. Meanwhile, I'm craving some Philly Cheesesteak with the works...
Share/Save/Bookmark

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes, it seems that I'm allergic to life, but I've found that everything in moderation seems to work pretty well. It's tough however when I get around that stuff called CHOCOLATE!!!!! Especially that Galaxy stuff. Excellent! Everything tastes great when you are cramming it down your gullet, but we always pay the price later. LOL

helloagol said...

Speaking of Galaxy...Our favorite Nob mentions it this morning. He was eating it at the airport right after he picked up his mum yesterday. So I went to his desk for some...he didn't bring ANY! Tomorrow, he says...sigh.

helloagol said...

(I didn't moderate comment until now..sorry!)

I wouldn't forget about you, ma petite chou chou...Wisconsin Waif is bringing us "Veggie Cottage Pie".

How's your Asian eggplant? ;p

Kathy B said...

The asian eggplant are small, but growing! (When cared for properly)