Monday, May 05, 2008

Weird Already

Why are Mondays so...well, weird? Other drivers in the garage couldn't quite decide how to maneuver within the tight aisles causing a bit of a backup on the weirdest slopes. People inside my building weren't behaving like themselves like say on a Wednesday. Ugh.

I had a vendor meeting right after lunch which made me leave my gear for the gym at home. Bridget brought hers but we ended up going to the Thai restaurant for lunch for a spicy treat. We stopped at a grocery store on the way back to pick up a six-pack of chocolate cupcakes with bright yellow frosting topped with summer-themed plastic picks and a cheer-up card for our temp.

Right before we left, we asked our temp how her evening at Maggiano's (my favorite restaurant) turned out on Friday with her husband and another couple. The poor woman looked like she was on the verge of tears. She said it was not good and that her weekend was no better. Apparently, on the way to the restaurant, her husband declared it was too much to spend which plummeted any excitement she felt from having a date night out with her husband and another couple. This situation is very rare for her.

Anyway...he behaved weird at the restaurant by apologizing to the other couple and left her there with them. She was embarrassed and ended up getting a ride home from them. When she got home, he slammed the bedroom door in her face saying he was getting ready to leave her from her having her second drunken violation (months ago) which now required a special device to be installed in her car from the special insurance company that cost money itself and the monthly subscription. He was angry at the extra cost of the violation (thousands of dollars in fees). She was already working two jobs to offset the added cost as they were barely making ends meet prior. All this was still no reason for him to behave poorly in front of her friends. Bridget and I will be taking her out to lunch at Maggiano's soon. I refuse for her to have left with a bad feeling of that place. She is supposed to remember the cool the atmosphere and how delicious the food is there. Our sweet treat and card enlivened her in the afternoon.

My favorite vendor flew in for our quarterly business meeting and spent a few hours with us going over the extensive report she put together. I missed any catching up with other people. I forget that I am there for work and not for socializing. Hee. Tab called me during his lunch and after work. I missed laughing with him during the day. On another weird note, Dan unexpectedly stopped by at his desk early this morning to discuss a hobby he was taking up. Did he suspect anything? The jury was still out, but one can't help thinking things. Tab was sure he knew. Sigh.

Caught up with Kathy in the evening and a quick chat to Tawny. Received a note on my door that my apartment building had inspections so instead of my working from home on Thursday, it will be Wednesday. What a pain in the butt. I also sent two e-mails out that were responses to last week. This week should be better. I hope.

Oh yeah - Feliz Cinco de Mayo!
.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: