Monday, May 12, 2008

Madness

Our whole floor was in a state of disarray with disoriented employees trying to find their new desks like an army of ants whose path have been wiped of their scent trace to follow. Boxes upon boxes were being unpacked. My own cube had my own boxes, but there were two extra chairs. I picked a less cushy guest chair to discourage parking in the AGOL cube.

My little ornaments and cards were well received. I was thankful I brought extras in case I forgot someone and I did forget one lady. I had looked on the new office map and I don't recall seeing her name.

As the day settled, Goldilocks was everywhere...My chair doesn't fit...It's too hot in this section...My office is freezing...My new cube is smaller...Wow my new cube is huge...My monitors are in the wrong place... I couldn't wait for the day to end. My eyes were sick of rolling all day every time I heard a complaint. Put your big girl panties on people...! I do. Hahahaha.

It felt great to sort my things out of the boxes and be able to hang things up to make it more homey. I dislike a sterile looking environment. Minimalist is not a word associated with me. Nesting is more like it.
.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: