Saturday, April 10, 2010

Most Beautiful Words

Today I read the most beautiful words I have ever read in my life. It is the last line of Pablo Neruda's Love Poem XIV:

I want to do with you what spring does with the cherry trees.

..........

I have an unnatural affinity for cherry trees and cherry blossoms. I am not sure why. The plastic covering for my phone has cherry blossoms... My favorite scene in "Memoirs of a Geisha" involves cherry blossoms. Every spring I watch the news for video feed of the cherry blossoms in Washington, D.C.

Reading the words above caused such an energy within me to explode like giant fireworks. Each hot, bright and colorful strand moving in slow motion outward and far reaching. The words were so beautiful and visceral that I had no choice but to weep. I loved it.

Love,
Sarah
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: